David,

Take a screwdriver or punch and set it against one of the "lugs" where the
Allen screws were.  Tap it gently with a hammer to rotate the gear case in the
base.  Do it lightly around each of the lugs.  The gear case will eventually
rotate and break loose.

Do NOT insert anything between the gear case and the base to spread the joint
between them.  You'll likely crack the base.

When you reassemble, coat the mating surfaces with USS TefGel.

Once you have the gear case out, there's one more trick to getting it apart.
Remove the 3 Allen screws.  Note that one of them has a bushing spacer between
the lower and upper case halves.  Don't lose it!!

Once the screws are out, use a carpenter's tool (5 in one knife) or a knife
blade to separate the lower gear case half (bottom cover) from the rest of the
assembly.  Gently tap it into the joint at the guide pin and separate it just a
tiny bit.  Move to the other side and repeat.  Don't try to move it much.  Be
patient, it will eventually separate.

When you reassemble, coat all screws and guide pins with TefGel.

If you booger up anything, I may have spare parts.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA