Sounds like replacing the fitting will mean replacing the hose too, a
bigger job.
When I removed the hose off of my fitting I had to destroy it to get it
off. Even if I didn't destroy it in the removal it would not have been
reusable. If yours is like mine it will be hardened by age and aside from
being nearly impossible to remove will likely be impossible to get back
onto a new fitting.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto