From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of J.P.
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:13 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List A joy

Hi,

That's one of the things about the Snake River that most people don't realize
is that the sailing is good here. The Snake river was modified in the '60's and
70's to be one long flood control project. So it's at least 40' deep in most
places, and up to 120'. The river is also wide, and the whole 104 mile length
back down to the Columbia is all good sailing with lots of great scenery.

There is plenty of prevailing westerlies, and the run down river is a lot
easier than up... And that down river run leads to the Columbia, which leads to
the Pacific. So, we took it as far UPRIVER as we could, are going to spend the
winter getting the boat ready (you can sail here in the LC Valley in the winter
time as the river doesn't freeze and the weather is fairly moderate - we have a
permanent thermal inversion here which keeps the weather unusually mild in the
winter)... And then sail down to Portland/Astoria, back up to Seattle, and
maybe a California trip.. So yeah the sailing is good.

JP