Hi Dave,

If you're getting 14.4 volts charging at the battery then your alternator diodes are okay.

If that battery takes a charge then you should have it load tested before going back into the boat. There is no harm in disconnecting the propane alarm while you're away form the boat. That will help eliminate it as a parasitic load. Just no smoking aboard before you turn it back on eh :)

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1