All these mods add up... which underscores a point I made in the past.  In
today's market conditions, it simply doesn't make sense to outfit a boat
that's not ocean or cruise ready.  It makes far more sense to buy a boat
that's 95% of the way there and then add the small mods that it is
missing.

As an example, I just did a quick (literally 2 minutes) search on YW and
came up with this Catalina Morgan CC 45 for under $100k.  It may not be
everyone's cup of tea, and it may not even be mine, but for under $100k
you've got an ocean capable boat, with a bunch of equipment on it, and a
nice master cabin, which was one of the things that Richard was looking for
when he started us down this road.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1992/Catalina-Morgan-45-CC%2C-Center-Cockpit-2606839/Nanny-Cay/British-Virgin-Islands#.UiYWtT9IHAY

(Disclosure: strictly by coincidence, the listing broker is a good friend
of mine - but I have no interest one way or the other in this.  Just using
this listing to illustrate my point.  There are a million others like it)

Cheers,
Colin