From: Edd Schillay <e...@schillay.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 11:33 am
Subject: Re: Stus-List Block Island 2015

Andy,

Love the idea. If I can get another two or three of my crew to commit, we will
be there.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise
C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
City Island, NY

Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log Website

On Sep 13, 2013, at 11:26 AM, Andrew Burton <a.burton.sai...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not that I believe in planning ahead or anything, but I just want to broach an
idea to the group on the east coast that formed in my head yesterday while
talking to Dave off Corsair and Adam off Double Black, who also have C&C 40s.

Last June, with Peregrine still new to me, I entered the Storm Trysail Club's
Block Island Race Week. Because we were sailing "navigator's courses" ie one
race a day around government marks, the entry fee was half. And because we were
sailing non-spinnaker, I didn't have to house a ton of crew. In fact, we stayed
aboard Peregrine and another cruising boat rafted next to us, belonging to one
of my crew. This kept costs down and was a lot of fun. There was plenty of room
to anchor out in the harbor. We didn't take the racing too seriously and had a
tremendous time. And with the guys chipping in for food and booze, it didn't
break the bank.

Why don't we try to get as many C&Cs there for the next event? We can even do
separate, additional prizes for the C&Cs in our class. The regatta management
is excellent, the tent parties terrific, the competition keen, but not
cutthroat, and the courses fun and long enough--but not so long they get
boring. For sails, I used a 10 year old composite #1, my blown-out foam-luff
#2, a dacron #3 and the dacron main that I used for cruising all summer, so
this regatta can be approached in a casual way.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I know the organizers will be pretty flexible in order
to get as many C&Cs on the line as possible.

Andy

C&C 40

Peregrine

--
Andrew Burton
61 W Narragansett Ave

his List is provided by the C&C Photo Album
ttp://www.cncphotoalbum.com
nc-l...@cnc-list.com