Peter,

Congratulations on your purchase.

We sail Whistler II out of Dutchman's Cove in Penetanguishene.  She's a C&C 30
'73 (hull #190).  We bought her in 1994 on Lake Simcoe on our honeymoon , took
her down the Trent and sailed out of Toronto until 2008.

I've replaced the head and holding tank, replaced the instruments (they need
replacing again) and done a lot of major/minor repairs and replacements over
the years.

She's gotten a bit smaller with two teenaged boys aboard (my 14 year old is
6'1" already), but the four of us can survive 5 days aboard without killing
each other.

After 40 years she is finally starting to show her age cosmetically.
Structurally, she is as solid as a tank.  Last month we had the rail in the
water in 20 knots with no reef.  We've run her aground several times in
Georgian Bay without incident, and it was 5 knots into a rock shelf that
finally created a small C&C smile on the keel.

Stay on top of deck leaks and your boat should hold out for another decade at
least.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Wally
Whistler II
C&C 30 #190