Update on my mainsheet rig.  I have altered the arrangement to something I think is dramatically better.  I found that the 6:1 was not sufficient in higher winds, which we have had alot of lately (not complaining). Not only could I not sheet in tight enough, I could not release it from the load on the cam.   I thought I could run the sheet to a coachtop winch to increase power when needed, but the downward angle does not work as the sheet rides up on the winch.  The solution was simple: a hybrid of the new triple and the old system.   I re-rigged the old blocks so that I now have a double ended arrangement.  I don't have the end stopped at the becket on the triple.  I now have the line running 6:1 through the triple/cam on the traveller, then forward along the boom to the block on the mast, down to the deck and back to the clutch as it used to be.  In lighter winds, I use the cam on the 6:1 triple block to control.  In heavier winds I use the clutch end and run it to one of the winches on the coachroof.  Worked great last weekend. The only problem is that the 50' mainsheet I bought is not really long enough.  Dave

David Knecht
Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT