If you kneel as I described, it is not more dangerous than simply being in the
cockpit.
No need to undo your tether either.
Might not work on your boat but it does on many if not most.
If you would rather use the head that is your choice, but it is not the only
safe choice.

I am very safety conscious and wear an inflatable harness as a rule rather than
the exception. No one ever plans to fall overboard, and most drownings occur in
calm weather. I am the first and often the only one to clip on the tether. Mine
is often the only boat in the fleet where people are wearing life jackets. It
is like doing up the seat belt in you car as far as I am concerned. Just do it.
One area I need to improve on is in the rigging of jack lines. Don't do it
often enough. I nearly drowned when I was a kid and it was an experience that I
have no interest in repeating.

On the other hand I used to work with a guy that got hit by lightning while at
home in his basement.
There is no such a thing as perfectly safe, but we can adjust the
probabilities.
No one gets out alive.

Steve Thomas
C&C27 MKIII