where will you be sailing?

I wanna come!!!

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "dwight" <dwight...@gmail.com>
To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Training weather?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 16:49:01 -0300

It is easier to change up to more sail in lighter conditions than it is to
change down to less sail in heavier conditions...your boat, a 30 MKI I
think, is stiff and can handle a full main and No.2 (130-135) headsail but
if the wind gets to 20 kts true you will do just as well on a beat with a
110 and maybe the first reef in the main.  I think you said you had very
little sailing experience altogether and less in heavy winds on your boat so
with that background on a beat you might consider starting with the No.3
(110%) and a reefed main, then shake the reef if you feel you want more
power and for more power yet change to one of your larger headsails...off
the wind even at 20 kts true you will love the full main and No. 1 headsail
(150%)...fast fast fast