Joker valve, plus if your vent line is plugged you would be pressurizing the holding tank when you pump into it.

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2013-11-03 10:08 AM, David Knecht wrote:
I have noticed that the water level in the bowl of my head tends to increase over time. It is not close to overfilling, but when I get to the boat is is several inches higher than when I left the boat and after pumping it out, over the course of a day on the water, it is higher at the end than the beginning even when not used. The through hull valves are all closed and the pump valve is in the tank/closed position. I can't see how the throughhulls could be leaking so the only thing I can imagine is fluid leaking from the holding tank back into the bowl. The holding tank is under the sink on this boat and so the fluid level is well above the level of the bowl. Probably unrelated, but when I had the tank pumped yesterday ( the new free pumpout boats in our area are fantastic!!), the pumper told me the vent tube was likely plugged because he got vacuum on the pumping system. What is the easiest/best way to clean out that tube?
Thanks- Dave

David Knecht
Aries
1990 C&C 34+