Can it be that raking forward is removing excessive rake and ending up
with only 6-10 inches rake?  is. Maybe was 10-15 and has been reduced to
6-10 inches????

Also - I second the baggy sails opinion.  Our previous boat had a great
tendency to round up in a puff. Was George Hinterhoeller designed and
buil Niagara 26.  Replacing the 1979 25 year old main with a new sail
made a huge difference.  The new sails were not only significantly
faster but they changed how the boat sailed.  Where before we would
require a double reef after the new sail wa a single reef, where was a
single reef was no reef, where before was a lot of heel after was much
less heel.  Boat also points a bit higher.  Cannot say enough about
replacing a sail that is 20 or more years old - if you can afford it
this is the single best upgrade on an old sailboat.

If I am not mistaken there are a lot of sail controls on a C&C30-1 that
can also be adjusted to make the sail flatter and move draft forward.
Starting with halyard tension, cunningham.

We have a very high percentage of the boats at our club as C&C30-1. At
one time we had 6 and I think now still have I think 5.  The boats seem
to really love 15-20 knots and struggle with the light stuff.  The
skippers who push them a bit in 20 knots get a lot of good stuff from
the boat.  I do not recall seeing any of them round up.  Is a great boat
in a breeze

Mike