I have an X-5 wheelpilot on my 35/3.  It is the predecessor to the current
model.  Install was straightforward despite a 75 page manual.  Integration
with my plotter was easy with NMEA 2000.  I did it with no help and no
prior experience.  Total time was 12 hours, but if I had help (or fewer
wires in my binnacle guard), I could have done it in less than 1/2 that
time.
It works great in a steady breeze, but on a broad reach in gusty conditions
it has a hard time holding the course.  Probably more to do with sail trim
and balance than any fault in the unit.

Joel