Ok folks here's one I hope sparks a fury of conversation.

My boat is outfitted almost entirely with the original fresh water
plumbing, "qest" grey tubing and compression fittings.  I have heard that
it is an accident waiting to happen.   That it used to be used for homes
and is now no longer available due to its unreliability.  What should I
replace it with?  Just regular old household plumbing from the hardware
store?

What guidance is there regarding the waste water and through hull
fittings?  All of my through-hulls are marelon, which i understand is
pretty popular.  Unfortunately the PO also used a mix if white and grey pvc
in various places throughout the seawater systems.  I've heard that doing
that has been known to sink boats.

He also used white PVC for various holding tank fittings is that ok or
should it be replaced?

What are the rules about brass, red brass, and bronze?

Let the fury being!

Thanks,
Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk