So, it’s winter and I’m getting back to refitting (restoration is probably a
better word now after letting her go so long) Ronin and am working on
shed/inside type jobs. I bought a Lewmar Pro-Series 1000 horizontal windlass.
Right now I’ve taken a bunch of measurements and I am doing some rough drawings
for mounting it inside the anchor locker, on a shelf bonded to the bulkhead and
just under the anchor locker cover. Right off the bat it seems doable. Chain
angle from the bow-roller is within tolerances; the chain/rode runs true when
the windlass is offset to starboard and there is just enough chain-fall (~21”)
to meet the manufacturer’s requirements.

So, has anyone with a same or similar sized C&C done something like this?
Thoughts, pictures, links or just general “Be afraid!” comments?

Cheers,
Dave
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake  Bay