Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 19:12:33 -0800 (PST)
From: "Dennis C." <capt...@yahoo.com>
To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Near-shore tide what to expect. "Need some
        Guidance"

Yup.? A boat lost a guy in the 2012 Gulfport to Pensacola race.? 4-6 foot
seas, 20+ knots.? Came up to pee, fell overboard.? No PFD.? Fortunately, it
was a clear night and one of the watch standers was an experienced pilot.?
He looked astern at the sky and stars and was able to guide the boat back to
the guy.? My buddy on the boat said they only lost 3 1/2 minutes picking him
up.? Now there's a racer!

Dennis C.

guys found with their pants open is significant. Take the time to go down
inside. ;-)"

>Antoine, I can't tell you the number of times I've said that! That is
probably the best advice for anyone heading offshore for the first time.