If I started 'fessing, i'd tie things up a bit, so I won't:) I had a look at
Curtis' blog. The impression I came away with is that the boat is in excellent
shape and well looked after, Curtis is way ahead of where I think many of us
think he might be, and, if he's half as sensible as I think he is, he won't
have any problems.

My .02:
Make sure that a couple of people know where you are going and when you expect
to be back, and also know what to do if you are delayed beyond a reasonable
amount of time. Remember to call them as soon as you return.
Make sure your boat's VHF is programmed with your MMSI and operating properly.
Call the Coast Guard for a radio check. A portable is not adequate for anything
other than close inshore. If you don't have a modern VHF with the little red
button on the front, buy one.
Make sure your mainsail reefing lines are installed and you can quickly reef if
needed. If you think you might need to reef, do it before you need to. I
usually reef at sunset in anything but quiet weather. Saves a lot of racing
around in the dark and costs very little in terms of distance covered.
If the weather forecast is forbidding, heed it and stay home, or go for a short
sail.

Have a great time! That's why we all do this.

Rich Knowles
INDIGO LF38
Halifax, NS.