Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 21:32:49 +0000
From: <charliekilo...@gmail.com>
To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List GPS Laptop or tablet set up for BVI Charter?

When you arrive in the BVI, there?s a free tourism magazine called BVI Welcome
that?s at the airport, all the marinas, everywhere.   There?s a new one every
month full of ads and the odd news story.  Pick one up.

In the centerfold is a stylized map of the islands.  Sure it?s not accurate,
but it gives you a general feel for where the islands are.  On Bojangles, we
pull out that centrefold, tape it to a bulkhead, and navigate by that.  Here's
a link to the precise ?chart? we use.
http://www.bviwelcome.com/images/British_Virgin_Island-map_The_Welcome_Guide_2013.jpg

Sure, we have some charts somewhere.  And the plotter?s at the helm, but for
the most part, we consult the magazine pull out on the bulkhead.

(It does help that we?ve sailed around there a ton, but we?ve been using the
?magazine method? since our first trip there and we stick with it, because it
works for us).

Disclaimer: Don?t use this method for Anegada.  Also don't blame be when you
cut a buoy!

And? if this link works, here?s a photo I took from Bojangles last November as
we were sailing down the Drake Channel toward St. John.  It was a great light
air day and I just HAD to get the asym up so we could cruise along at 6 or so.
The only problem was that we hit St. John too quickly and had to drop a hook at
the Bight.

https://plus.google.com/+ColinKilgour/photos/photo/5966645163392774690

Have a great trip and enjoy Conch?s Best Deals on Keels,

Colin