Hi Bill,

2 Thing I would consider in your case if all else checks out fine:

1) The Easy / Cheap fix

I had the clutch related vibration problem last summer after I had my
clutch cable replaced.  With the new cable initially the shift lever was
not moving it's full range of motion and the cones were partially engaging
(Yanmar 3GM30F with cone type clutch)   The symptoms were:  fairly severe
vibration when 1st engaging with the vibration disappearing as I advanced
the throttle.

After much reading I also found that dirty transmission oil could be a
culprit as well. The thing about the oil (As I read) is that the dipstick
is so high in the sump that the oil on the stick almost always looks
pristine while you can have caked-on gook all over the bottom which can
impede the shifting action.

So I did not take any chances.

 1) I changed the transmission oil (A super easy  20 minute job on my boat)
and cheap as you use regular motor oil as per Yanmar's recommendation
2) I re-adjusted the linkage.  Please note that there are 2 adjustment
points on the engine / trans side;  1) (The obvious) At the connection
point on the shift lever, this one has a fairly limited range 2) Where the
cable is attached to the engine block, This one with a much broader range
and easier to set. That's the one you should probably look at 1st.

That fixed it for me.

2)  The fix you won't like..

Your 2 bladed Max prop can unfortunately create some kind of 'Standing
Wave / Resonance" action between the hull surface above it and the tip of
the blades.  In this case the only fix is a 3 bladed prop or finding one to
the original folding props that might have come with your boat from the
factory or $$$ and effort. by experimenting with other diameters / pitches
until you figure it out.

I read that the distance between the tip of the blades and the hull surface
was critical but I don't recall the measurement.

That thread was on Sailing Anarchy and the boat in question was a 1990's 34
+  (or 34/36) The guy finally resorted to a 3 bladed prop of some sort to
ad more clearance between the blade tips and hull as the 3 bladed props
tend to have a smaller diameter than the 2 bladed ones ones for a given
application.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=89743

I think the guy's name was Eric Baumes he has posted on this list about the
same subject.

http://cnc-list.com/pipermail/cnc-list_cnc-list.com/2012-May/045581.html

Good luck with it.

Francois Rivard