Hi Joel,

That's not a bad idea if you can fit a float type cockpit drain in the heads basin drain. This is from a UK supply but you get the idea.
http://www.force4.co.uk/4585/Force-4-Cockpit-Non-Return-Drain.html

Two details of importance:
- the bilge pump goes to the large port of the Groco manifold as the (large) primary user, the heads basin then has to go to a smaller port and should have a screen at the basin to minimize fouling at the manifold (shavings & other hair are very real plugging concerns with an elbow transition to outlet. - the bilge pump will REQUIRE a vented discharge loop to prevent siphon when idle and the internal check valve leaks-by.

Another idea:
My toilet intake passes under the heads basin. So I teed the basin drain into the toilet raw water supply. It works like a charm, basin drains out the intake trough-hull and when the toilet gets used there is good agitation to clear the basin drain. As an added bonus, being a salt water high organics boat area, before I leave the boat for any length of time I close toilet supply through-hull, half fill the basin with fresh water and pump through the toilet. When I get back and use the boat there is no sulphur smell in initial uses of toilet, sweet :)

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1