Tom,

I have bungees on Touche'.  In light air and chop they will hold the car aft.
Otherwise the slapping of the sail and sheet will move the car back and forth
on the track.  This can adversely affect sail performance.  It's also annoying.

Also, when a genoa car is not active, it may move forward on the track.  When
you tack, it will usually move aft as the sheet is loaded.  The bungees make
for a smoother, less frenetic tack.

On Touche', the bungees are only used when racing.  My track is 6 feet long.
To get the length I wanted in the bungees, I run them from the car aft to a
small block on the toe rail near the stern then forward a few feet to an anchor
point on the toe rail.  This extra length provides the stretch needed.

IMPORTANT!  If you choose to use bungees, do NOT use regular bungees.  Buy the
black solid elastomer core shockcord shown top or bottom here:

<http://www.apsltd.com/c-1506-shockcord-stretchcord-webbing.aspx>

Regular shockcord will fail prematurely due to UV and marine exposure.  I use
the black solid elastomeric shockcord without cover shown at the top.

FYI, I have the Lewmar Ocean 1 system with ball bearing cars.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA