I hesitate to get into the fray here, but I would say that I highly value
the advice offered and gained through years of collective ownership of C&C
yachts. However, I find it unfortunately ironic that the format we are
using (i.e. listserv) to share and benefit from this valuable experience is
not easily searchable. This has the effect of creating "knowledge shares"
with extremely short half lives, to the point that they are disposable.

Given the volume of email (not a huge problem in my book, but a bit more
discipline would be nice), it is impossible to retrieve useful information
from the archives, which is why I would advocate a different tool, forum,
format, etc. especially one that could handle photographs...as they say a
thousand words, especially in technical matters. Also, one that is most
importantly, searchable.

That said, I am happy to be a relative noob on the list and very much
appreciate everyone's willingness to offer advice and valuable time. I also
appreciate the time and resources that go into managing the current system.

Best,
Kevin

Osprey
C&C 30 mkII
Portland, Or

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 6:23 AM, David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I agree with Rich- I enjoy the humor and the sometimes distantly related
> discussions.  If the foredeck cow did not crop up periodically in CnC
> discussions, it would not be nearly as much fun to read (sorry- had to get
> the reference in early).  It helps to have messages organized as threaded
> so if you are not interested (rarely) in something, you can simply delete
> the whole thread.  Dave
>
> On Jan 21, 2014, at 6:51 PM, Rich Knowles <r...@sailpower.ca> wrote:
>
> I suggest we drop this topic. Some of us have a sense of humor, others
> don't. Some are interested in auto-pilots and some are not. We all have the
> best button on the keyboard "del" and can use it as appropriate. This is a
> great forum, it's the middle of winter, dang it, and most of what we
> discuss has been ragged over many times.
>
> Here's to freedom of yachting speech!
>
> Rich
>
> On Jan 21, 2014, at 19:44, John irvin <john.ir...@rogers.com> wrote:
>
> lets get back to items of interest like C&C yachts & not a lot of chat
> about vaguely related items like homemade

> http://www.cncphotoalbum.com
> CnC-List@cnc-list.com
>

> David Knecht
> Aries