From: Josh Muckley
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:58 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Bad expierience with Torrenson Marine (TOAD)

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know about a poor expierience I had with Torrenson
Marine.  I figure this will apply to almost any of us that own a Yanmar engine.

Until recently I had found the selection, service, price, and online
availability of parts to be quite satisfactory.   About 2 months ago I
purchased new fuel supply pipes for my Yanmar 3HM35F.   Unbeknownst to me I had
accidentally selected the pipes for the 3HM35.  After a 6 week back order, I
recieved the pipes.  Upon opening the box I discovered that 2 were rail
straight and only one had been properly bent by the manufacturer (Yanmar).  I
immediately contacted Torrenson (TOAD) to inquire if I was expected to bent the
pipes myself.   They contacted Yanmar and responded to me that I had purchased
the wrong product.  I was ultimately convinced of my error and agreed to return
the product for a refund.  I did request a delay on the return incase the
appropriate replacement parts were also improperly manufactured.  TOAD made no
indications of this being a problem.

I recieved the replacements after an additional 6 week back order.  The pipes
appear to be correctly bent though I have not installed them.  So I returned
the originally purchased pipes.  Today I recieved notice that (as a result of
both my error in selecting the wrong pipes and the return being outside of the
15 day grace period) I was going to be assessed a 20% restocking fee.

Email discussions ensued followed by a phone call in which Troy "one of the
owners" said that he HAD called Yanmar and was instructed not to bend the
pipes.  It was my fault for puchasing the wrong product and not returning it in
a timely manner.  He completely disregarded the fact that there was no possible
way for the 2 "rail straight" pipes to be used (by anyone) and the fact that
the delayed return had been communicated.  He continued to argue that I was
arguing over what amounted to $20.  I agreed that it really wasn't about the
$20 but rather providing a positive expierience, retaining my business and the
business of anyone else to whom I relayed this story.  He proceeded to minimize
my business stating that he was not going to miss my 2 purchases over the last
year (~$350).  To which I said thank you and wished him the best of luck.

>From now on my purchases will be limited to the local shop.

Just some food for thought,

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk