From: Stevan Plavsa <stevanpla...@gmail.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thu, Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am
Subject: Re: Stus-List The real reason to switch from an AT4 to a diesel

I posted in the other thread praising my A4 but I did mention it was a
financial decision, used diesels commanding an unreasonable (IMO) premium over
the A4. An old motor is an old motor...

That being said, I would prefer to have a shiny new diesel any day. I looked
into the beta marine 20hp A4 replacement and it's an appealing option. I'm not
likely to re-power my 32 however as we're seriously considering a departure
from the rat race... and a new (old) boat.

On the topic of motoring into strong wind and waves .. we were off of Kingston
this summer motoring back west into a 20 to 25 knot headwind and big square
Lake Ontario chop .. 4 to 5 knots with the A4. I put the main up with two reefs
and picked up another half a knot or more, not so much for powering the boat as
balancing it for a smoother ride. Suhana did well that day.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto