I'm just sayin. Shower at the marina. The solar shower can be rigged to work in
the enclosed head. Hang the bag on the goosneck and run the hose through the
porthole for the head?

The way to keep a 16 yr old cruising? Tell her she can invite her friends.
Decide early on how many friends, maybe one at first and see how it goes. Take
lots of pictures. Make it fun. Don't scare her or ever make her look bad in
front of her friends. Order pizza delivered to the dock. Let her plan the
snacks and drinks, or maybe choose where to go. Let her steer while you tend
the sheets and control lines. Learn how to handle your boat so you never ever
hollar at anyone and you'll be the coolest dad ever.

She'll be inviting boys along, probably older boys, so it's a great way to keep
her close as she is picking dating partners. Great moments will develop to
compliment her on her choice of quality friends, etc. Guys who are going
somewhere, guys who can learn, take care of themselves, who think, and can take
care of her, etc.

My daughter is now 24. She graduated the USCG Academy as a Marine Science
Major, and is presently a Lieutenant stationed at National Headquarters in Wash
DC. Truth be told, she hates boats. Hates sailboats especially when they
"lean", but loved inviting older guys to come for a sail. She later served her
first two years at sea sometimes commanded the bridge of a 378' cutter in the
Pacific, but never learned to love sailboats. That's Dad's thing.

Just sayin, the water heater may not win her over. How you treat her when she
is aboard carries more weight. But do the water heater project for purely
selfish reasons and keep us informed.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R