Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:13:13 -0600
From: Dennis Cheuvront <capt...@gmail.com>
To: CnClist <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Landfall 38 - cruising & showering

Guess I can't help but notice the incidence of rusted out water heaters
mentioned here.  Some brands don't use stainless.  Hence the shorter
service lives.

For me, stainless tank.  Period.  The new Isotemp SPA series water heaters
keep the stainless tank but switch to a polypropelene exterior.  $450 for
the 4 gallon model.  Well worth the $200 difference over the Kuuma and
better materials than some well known brands in my opinion.  Every time I
"cheap" it, I end up wishing I hadn't.  It's a lesson we sailors never seem
to learn.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA