From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Stevan Plavsa
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:32 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Barient 18- Source for Winch Bearings?

Or you can go this route:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boaters-Resale-Shop-of-Tx-12093022-01-BARIENT-16-TWO-SPEED-BLACK-ALUMINUM-WINCH-/271083076338?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item3f1dcf7af2&vxp=mtr

enough spares for TWO winches ;)
What's your time worth? There are a few ads up with varying prices.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Dennis C.
<capt...@gmail.com<mailto:capt...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Kevin,
I've had good experience with ARCO, however if you choose not to deal with
ARCO, you can look local.  Have you tried a local bearing supplier?  In my area
we have a lot of industry, hence a couple of large bearing suppliers.

A dock neighbor needed a bearing for an old no name roller furler.  Took it to
a local bearing supplier and gave it to the guy behind the counter.  5 minutes
later the counter guy put an exact replacement in his hand.
You're in a large metro area with a seaport.  Seems there ought to be an option
there for you.
This supplier is in your area:  http://www.mcguirebearing.com/  If they don't
require a huge minimum purchase, they might be an answer for you.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Kevin Driscoll