From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of bobmor99
.
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 8:48 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Used sails

I've bought headsails from Minney's, Bacon's and Masthead - hoping to learn
what the perfect headsail was - and then order something new.

The big deals with used sails are the price and "the rating". One man's
fair-good is another's B+, is another's B-.

Bacon's (Mrs. Bacon, RIP) negotiated -~%20% on my first purchase (a heavy
mylar, yankee-cut 145 - sucked) but her successor wouldn't budge later on a
145 NorLam (mildewed). Neither Minney's nor Masthead would dicker.

My current headsail (~125) was acquired locally (super-cheap and crinkly).
I'll probably stay with it as it's well shaped, easy to tack, and eventual
cruising has become more appealing than racing.

Bob M

Ox 33-1

Jax, FL

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Joel Aronson <joel.aron...@gmail.com>