What is the “it” that will deteriorate- the Awlgrip or the Poli-glow.  Either way, I am not sure what to do this spring. I can either strip the Poli-glow and use Awlcare or keep using Poli-glow.  Added to this is the fact that the Awlgrip got badly scratched/scuffed by an unpadded dock last fall (long story).  It appears that with Awlgrip, there is nothing you can do except repaint and I am not ready to add that to my boat budget this year.  All of this makes me less than enthused by my first Awlgrip experience.  Dave

On Apr 2, 2014, at 10:00 AM, dwight <dwight...@gmail.com> wrote:

Because it will deteriorate in time and you will have to do it over.  With Awlgrip all you really need to do is wash it down well and then if you want a little more do 1 coat of Awlcare, which is really easy to apply as well…should least 20+years at least barring scratches and dings

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of David Knecht
Sent: April 2, 2014 10:57 AM
To: CnC CnC discussion list
Subject: Re: Stus-List Poli-Glow

Not realizing that my new boat had Awlgrip, I put Poli-glow on it last spring before launching.  It looked great (as usual) so I have no idea why it is “not recommended”.  Dave

David Knecht

Aries

1990 C&C 34+

New London, CT

<image001.jpg>

David Knecht, Ph.D.
Professor and Head of Core Microscopy Facility
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
U-3125
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269