I don't want to sound like an anarchist, because I'm not.

Down here, folks would just get together and get a big round red fender ball and tie a hunk of good rope onto it, put a cinder block on the other end, and go toss it over on top of the rock. Nobody is legally responsible, but everybody cares. If you see a big red ball floating in the middle of nowhere, you avoid it by a reasonable margin.

No, that doesn't help at night.

The government doesn't have to be responsible for everything.

Wal

you wrote:
After the village gets sued, next year they will have the lawyer, painted
orange, on the rock.