you definitely would not want to compound every year.  Once you get the finish
you want with the more aggressive polishes, it is really just a matter of
keeping it clean protected.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Dr. Mark Bodnar" <drbod...@accesswave.ca>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Poli-Glow
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 13:15:00 -0300

 Seems this topic raises some divergent opinions.

 I'm pretty sure my CS 30 is just original gel coat - so I was planning on
starting some type of hull upkeep.
 The polyglow positives sound really sweet - fast and easy is all good to me!
Boat will be hauled every year, so easy to re-do yearly.

 Certainly don't have any interest in compounding the boat every year.  I'm
more function than fashion - so as long as the hull is protected I'm not going
to sweat to make it look pretty.

 On the other hand - Turtle Wax is not all that challenging either.

 From what I've seen back and forth so far it's unlikely I'll have a definitive
answer - but I'm tempted to try to PolyGlow route.

 Mark
---------------------  Dr. Mark BodnarB.Sc., D.C., FCCOPR(C)Bedford
Chiropractic---------------------There is no cure for birth and death save to
enjoy the interval.  - George SantayanaOn 03/04/2014 12:59 AM, Rick Brass
wrote:Poly-Glow is essentially acrylic floor wax. If you try to sand without
stripping the Poly-Glow first, you end up with the sandpaper gummed up with the
acrylic.  Nothing wrong wit the chemistry or with the gel coat. Just
inexperienced "professionals". I've used Poly-Glow on my 25 since the mid 90s
and never have stripped it with the exception of one spot repair where a dirty
fender ground dirt/mildew/green junk off a piling into the surface during a
nor'easter one winter. Poly-prep is dilute ammonium hydroxide. I used
concentrated ammonium hydroxide (Purple Power from Walmart at $3 per gallon),
rinsed, cleaned the section of hull, recoated wit Poly-Glow. Good as new in
under a day. Annual polish is to wash the hull and rinse well with fresh water,
and apply a couple of new coats of Poly-Glow, as someone has already said.
Takes a couple of hours. Would be easier if the boat got hauled more often than
once every 3 or 4 years. I wish my 38 had never been painted. A shiny hull
would be so much easier. Rick Brass

 Sent from my iPad