Frank,

I'm the guy you talked to at White Rocks
Marina last weekend. I have had trouble with my 3HM35 overheating as
well. It only overheats at heavy load, and when it did in the past, I
reduced the rpm and motored on. I also had everything checked (but did
not have the exchanger cleaned). Finally I reduced the pitch on my
MaxProp by one setting, from 11 to 9 on an 18" 2 blade. That seems to
have solved the problem. The boat cruises and 6.2 or 6.3 knots with the
new setting and 2750 rpm. If someone thinks this is too slow, please let me
know.

My horizontal Lewmar windlass is mounted aft of the chain
locker. There's a hawse pipe that takes the chain into the locker, but
it comes out too low. The chain jams unless you are moving it away from
the aft end of the locker with a pole. I intend to fix this by raising
the point at which the hawse pipe enters the chain locker. The Lewmar
windlass works fine with 100' of chain in 30' of water. It's old, but
I'll send the model number when I find it.

Dan Sheer
Pegathy LF38
Rock Creek off the Patapsco