Thanks Chuck.  Did a quick search and found the following in their literature.
They were the wordsI was looking for.

        <<While Pacifica Plus can be applied directly to aluminum best results
are achieved by priming with InterProtect® 2000E or Primocon>>

I suspect echo is just Pettit’s version of Pacifica as they list the same
active ingredients.  As Interlux is nice enough to sell this in pints I think
I’ll just go that route and not loose any sleep.

Thanks again

John