On 5/13/2014 12:59 PM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List wrote:

On the topic of anchors and anchoring. Does anyone have any thoughts on kelets or "anchor buddies"?

I ALWAYS use a kellet made from a small vinyl coated mushroom anchor, a couple of carabiners, 30 feet of small diameter line for retrieval, and one of these so it glides up and down the anchor line:

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4055115&cp=3677347.11360113

Open the pulley and slip it over the rode. Slide it closed, and hang the anchor on it using the carabiner. Retrieval line is tied to the carabiner. Easy-peasey!

In over 50 years, in conditions mild to wild, I have never dragged while using a kellet. I consider it essential, and it really is nothing to deploy and retrieve it.

Bill Bina