From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:10 PM
To: C&C List
Reply To: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List Yanmar 3QM30 thermostat for converted system

Paul, my counter point is that the engine, as Bill Bina put it, was designed to run a certain temp.  Presumably that of the existing thermostat.  It sounds like the thermostat is close to 150.  If you heat the water more than 120-130 there is safety concern regarding scalding.

Changed the stat and you also have to change the high temp switch.

Just my thoughts,

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+