Couple mentions lately about problems with hockles in lines.  Here's a tip.

When you coil a line, you put twists in it.  Yeah, it looks great but will
it run free?

By coiling, I mean rolling in that half twist so the line coils.

Instead, try this.  Hold the line in the palm of your left hand with your
thumb facing the working end, i.e. end towards mast or furler.  Hold the
standing end in the palm of your right hand with your thumb facing the
standing end.  Now, without rolling the line, bring your palms together.
The line will form a figure eight.  Repeat until the line is done.

A line figure-eighted will run free.  A coiled line may jamb up in a block
or mast exit.

Here's a similar method:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa06oPNJBys

BTW, against my own advice I coil my furling line but when I go to unfurl
the genoa, I throw the line down into the cabin so the twists come out well
before the line gets to the first block.  I have one halyard at the mast.
It gets the figure eight treatment.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA