Yesterday, after 7.5 years on the hard, we launched and enjoyed our maiden
voyage under electric power.

Now, I have to clean up the below decks which took the brunt of the load of
dirt etc. caused by all the glass and deck work but at least we are in the
water!

Now, for a few notes as to how she performed

1)      So quiet and smooth at low RPM that you don't even know you are running
the engine, until you look out the back and see the prop wash swirls.

2)      Below 1000 RPM hardly noticeable

3)      Above 1000 RPM we encountered some vibration which we surmised was due
to imperfect alignment related as well to being on the hard for so long, so we
will re-align in a week etc. till this goes away.

4)      The stuffing box was adjusted at the dock to just tighter than no drips
when not turning.  Under power, initially no temperature rise noted until about
20 minutes.  As there was  hardly any water dripping while turning, I then
slowly loosened it to 1 drip per 20 seconds and the temperature rise stopped
and it was just warm to the touch.  Interestingly at the controls which shows
time to discharge, after I did this, the time number went up, reflecting the
loss in resistance.  I then re-locked the nut in this position and it ran fine.

5)      Recharging at my club is a bit of a challenge because it looks like the
15A it needs is not being delivered at my dockside station, unlike the power
supply I had at the yard.  My installer recommended using a y-splitter to
provide a plug in into 2 15A outlets combining into my 1 30A inlet cable, what
does the list think?

6)      With a new Martec 2 bladed folder, backed up nicely, got up to the full
rated 1850 RPM easily except of course the aforementioned vibration above 1000.

7)      Cockpit conversations at cruise power were held in a normal tone of
voice....as if we were ghosting....

Alex Giannelia
CC 35-II 1974 launched, to be renamed
TORONTO, Ontario