On my cb, it is not possible to replace the cable or even check it carefully
without having the boat in the travel lift high enough to remove the topside
stopper mechanism so the board can be fully dropped so it hangs only by the
pin. Of course this requires at least some time in the lift but for my cb, it
impossible to see, let alone work on the board end of the pennant otherwise.
Since my boat gets bottom paint every season, there is only a few hours of yard
time additional--we'll worth it for the peace of mind that my board will stay
with the boat for the season!

Charlie Nelson
Water Phantom
C&C 36 XL/kcb