Just an added note:

My yard is now working on a Tartan 40 with the very same arrangement.  CB
pivots at the  leading edge of the keel and the fitting for the cable on
that boat is actually a block anchoring system where the end of the cable is
located up in the trunk and the block at the CB gives a 2:1 purchase up
through the keel into the cabin.....

The CB block anchor corroded and just pulled out.......

Seems to be the standard design for such a system.....

Ron C.

Impromptu

C&C 38MKIIC .'77

  _____