I reprinted my pedestal circa 208 or 2009 when I was replacing the idler
sheaves that are mounted on the plate below the cockpit sole. I did it off the
boat and my pedestal is white (so less heat to impact the paint) but I have
been pleased with the result and no current indication of decay in the finish.

Since I had to remove the idler plate and all the wiring and cables, I took the
pedestal home to work on it in the shop. Sanded the old surface with something
like 120 grit to remove the loose powder coat and give some tooth for the
paint. Primed with Rustoleum primer (think it was zinc chromate) and painted 3
or 4 coats of off white Rustoleum satin finish paint (2 cans worth IIRC).

Now that I have said I'm pleased and the paint is lasting well, I expect to go
to the boat and find it suddenly and unexpectedly flaking off. Oh well, just
another project to add to the list. It is a boat, after all.

Rick Brass

Sent from my iPad