  From: Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:55 PM
  Subject: Stus-List what is wrong with these boats?

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1974/C%26C-MK-II-2367894/Cambridge/MD/United-States

  This looks like a nice MK II and has been for sale for a long time.
  My guess is the sticking point is the engine. It has a Westebeke 4-60 engine,
which is a 15 HP diesel derived from a 984 cc MG Midget engine. I had an MG
Midget and all I have to say to that is Yikes! It may run fine, but AFAIK parts
are nonexistent for it, so when it breaks it is dead forever. Also 15 HP is not
exactly overpowered for a 35 foot boat.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1979/C%26C-40-2647391/Branford/CT/United-States

  The boat sounds and looks decent in the ad. Only things I can see is
apparently there is no canvas and the 7 foot draft. That boat would be trapped
in my slip except at high tide.

  Joe Della Barba

  Coquina

  C&C 35 MK I