I seem to have some movement between the top of the rudder shaft and the
large flange mounted on the cockpit floor.

There is no movement of the flange on the cockpit floor.

I am guessing that there is a plastic bushing located in this flange that is
worn.

Has anyone pulled the cap off the flange in the cockpit floor?

If so, is my assumption about the plastic bushing correct?

I will wait until fall haulout to investigate as the amount of movement is
minor at this time

Best regards,

Bob Hickson, P. Eng, RHI, CEA

C&C 29-2 Flying Colours