Thanks for the offer, Joe. You never know with these old A4s.

I’m sure you are right about the estimate but I have some wiggle room before I
get to the value of the boat. The PO was planning on salvaging the rig and
crushing the hull so you can imagine what I might have paid. The boat looked
tough but most of the issues (and there are a lot) are cosmetic.  After three
weeks we are ready to get her in the water and do some sailing before the
season is over. I have spent so far just over $1500 and a LOT of elbow grease.
My wife is a very good seamstress and she is willing to do the cushions
including adding some back rests. We already have the materials in hand
(Sunbrella). I am not using Awlgrip, just some decent deck and epoxy paint. The
hull is in good shape and I will not be completely stripping the old paint. It
is in good shape, just a little beat up and the wrong color. I am keeping in
mind that this is not ever going to be a show boat. Just making it look good
and feel good for two to spend a weekend on board. If sails come into the
picture that number goes out the door. We will see where it all ends up but I
am confident at this point that my efforts on this boat will (for the first
time in my life) probably come back to me when I sell her for a bigger boat
(the real upgrade). My guess is that I could have at least tripled my purchase
price without doing anything but what fun is that?

Best

Skip