To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 1:28 PM
Subject: Stus-List Thoughts on repowering with outboard

My wife and I are beginning to think it may be time to convert our C & C 27, which we’ve had for 5 years, to a transom-mounted outboard engine from its original (1972) Atomic 4. Any listers have experience with a project like this, advice, or suggestions? The boat is sound, of course, as is the rig and sails, but the A4 engine is requiring infusions of $$ every year, and is not reliable. Every year we’ve been scuppered, and I want reliability without the cost of a new inboard… hence the idea to try the outboard route. Thoughts?