Finished a couple boat jobs yesterday and decided to go out on the lake for
a late afternoon sail.  Not much breeze but a pleasant sail nonetheless.

After the pleasant uneventful sail, I entered Mandeville Harbor afterwards
(30 20' 50", 90 03' 46").  There was a guy on the seawall fighting a fish.
His buddy waved at me to move to the far side of the entrance to allow him
to play the fish.  As I went by the fish broke the surface.  Wow!  Looked
like a 3-4 footer, species unknown.  Then his line broke.  Too bad.

I continued up the harbor into the narrow bayou and made the sharp right
hand turn....Holy Crap!  Here comes one of my marina friends in his Leopard
38 catamaran with 20+ foot beam.  I eased as far to the edge of the channel
watching that my shrouds didn't hit overhanging branches from a cypress
tree.  We passed with 3 feet between us.

A couple hundred yards later I had to dodge a moderately sized alligator
swimming up the bayou.

Glad to get Touche' back into the slip.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83