I wrote:
<snip> Listening on the radio, there's a boat on the beach already. It's not that bad, so they must have had a foul up with ground tackle. Don't know any more.<snip>

Three soaking wet hours later... all I can say is 'Oh, it was *that* boat.' I've checked it out every time I'm in this anchorage, and have wondered for years when this was going to happen. It was a 36 foot trawler, with light ground tackle, that hasn't moved in six years. At least it wasn't a sailboat.

You know the type. Skinny crazy guy with a beard, and a recently acquired skinny crazy woman on board, and a boat that looks bad from 100 meters away.

Guys like that give Crazy Gringos like me a bad name.

Heck, the Mexican Navy showed up to help, and a half dozen folks got out of bed to help tow it off the rocks. The captain seemed to think he was a victim of an Act of Cod (sic) and he deserved all the assistance.

Wal

--
s/v Stella Blue
www.wbryant.com