Likely the same as most other clubs National Yacht Club has a membership
category
for crew. Thanks to a few skilled computer programmers at NYC there is a full
online crew
bank with skill level and preferences that automates the matches and emails
everyone.

Every spring the club runs a special non-certificate Introduction to Keelboat
Sailing.

http://thenyc.com/learn.php

This course runs two nights a week over seven weeks and provides  participants
with a
basic understanding of keelboat sailing, with  instruction both in-class and
on-the-water.
Topics include boat parts,  wind, weather, basic on-water safety and equipment
(clothing, etc.),
sailing terminology, knots, rules, cruising, and some in-depth racing
strategies.
This is a very popular course and space is strictly limited,  so please be sure
to register early.

The deal is the course is $417 which includes one year of introductory crew
membership,
normally priced at $276. Also includes a text book and a graduation dinner.

After some in classroom instruction the students get a walk around on club
member's boats,
then go out for a sail, and at the end may go out for a race night specifically
set up for the
training boats. The course is usually sold out.

Changing topics here - that was a large storm yesterday. At one point on radar
it went as
far south as the Pittsburgh area and north maybe half way up Superior. I went
out racing
in it. Thankfully RC set 1.1 mile legs once around. Saw 24 kts winds under
spinnaker and
7.6 kts boat speed, but just can't catch the J/22 and J/24s downwind. A couple
of the
sport boats finished in under 22 minutes. Guessing it was 17 minutes upwind, 5
down.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1