Took my salvage project to Newport this weekend. Beautiful sail down on
Saturday. Front rolled through Saturday night and tested my anchor and
ground tackle at the anchorage near Ida Lewis Yacht club. All worked fine,
thank you. Cozy first ever evening on the boat with the admiral. Very
enjoyable considering the stark accommodations. Learned a few things about
life aboard the new to us 33 footer. Only real issue was the traveler broke
over-night. The broken component is a stainless steel eye bolt in the center
of the car that is used to attach the mainsheet block. It goes through the
car and is secured by a nut on the bottom. I am not sure this is original
design or hardware. Can’t find a traveler car on the interwebs that looks
anything like mine. I assumed it was Harken as everything else on the boat
is. It is a very simple 4:1 arrangement with 8 captive rollers that ride on
the track. The hole that the eyebolt goes through looks like it was threaded
once. I ended up using a 5/16 stainless eye bolt that was a close enough fit
but it is definitely a temporary solution. Does anyone have a source that
might have the correct components or am I looking at a new traveler track,
ends, blocks and car?

1974 33 ¾ tonner

Portsmouth, RI

 <mailto:bstrat...@falconnect.com> bstrat...@falconnect.com