An interesting article on the benefit (or lack thereof) of using red light to try and preserve night vision. I had bought LED strips for the boat with plans to re-do the interior lighting - mostly in white but also bought some red so I could light the chart table, a bit in the main cabin and the head. Based on the article maybe the red is likely a waste of effort - and I should focus on getting a dimmer for the white.

http://stlplaces.com/night_vision_red_myth/

Mark

--

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana