From: Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 11:19 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List CP180 GPS

I just got a Standard-Horizon CP180 GPS/chartplotter/fishfinder/radar from
Fleabay for a good price. This is a 5 inch screen unit that is about 8”x5”. I
am in a bit of a quandary on where to mount it. On the bulkhead at the forward
end of the cockpit will make wiring easier and be fairly protected from the
weather. I usually am in the forward cockpit underway with the autopilot
remote. For tricky situations where I am at the helm I would love it to be
mounted on the binnacle, but I am not sure if I like the idea of it being so
exposed. Has anyone tried putting a navpod on a MK I? Does the MK I binnacle
guard have the standard 12” spacing or something else?

I already have a PC plotter setup that I like, but that draws about 36 watts.
This unit should be more like 6 watts and can support a radar if I want to add
the antenna. If I cable it right I can send waypoints back and forth from the
PC to the plotter. Only downside so far is I need a $170 chart chip for a $140
plotter to get any decent level of detail L

Joe Della Barba

Coquina

C&C 35 MK I